Reasons to Join Sift
Sift is growing quickly which gives our employees exciting opportunities to take on new challenges and have a significant impact on the company’s future.
Big Data Scale
We sift through more than 50 billion daily bid requests, maintain nearly 1 billion profiles of smartphone users around the world, and operate at large revenue scale.
We are a two year old start-up based in the start-up incubator American Underground @Main in downtown Durham. You will work with exciting people and among interesting entrepreneurs from other start-ups.
Employees enjoy coming to work in jeans, working in an open environment, and lounging on couches with their laptop.
All employees are expected to make an impact, so everyone is granted stock options when they join the company.
Free Food & Drinks
Our office is stocked with plenty of snacks and drinks to help get you through each day.
The mobile app & adtech business is booming and changing every day, which means that we are always adapting to stay ahead of the curve.
Every Friday afternoon, the company breaks away from work to come together and unwind after a busy week. We love playing Settlers of Catan and ping pong.
We work hard but respect our employee’s life outside of the office and general well-being. We offer an unlimited vacation policy!
Many of our employees have over a decade’s worth of experience in the mobile app & adtech space. We are a company of ‘A’ players and successful entrepreneurs and only look for the best people to join our team.
Everyone Has a Voice
Every employee has the opportunity to make their mark: to implement new processes, design new programs, and be creative within their unique role.
Bias Towards Action
You will get things done, and you will also gain experience with the entire technology stack.
Every employee knows virtually everything about the company. We believe giving employees the superset of all information helps them make the best decisions.
Sift is looking for an experienced and creative Software Engineer with a data science background or a strong desire to implement data science and machine learning technologies to join our team in Durham, offering an opportunity to work on scalable distributed applications built using cutting edge technologies and services. This position requires a proven ability to understand and implement complex business requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems in very fast-paced environment. Additionally, the candidate must exhibit the ability to analyze and debug complex software systems.
- Collaborate with others to conceptualize, build, test and ship software solutions that meet business and market needs
- Maintain existing software systems including cloud based infrastructure
- Push big data technologies to the limits to help better our products and services
- Implement scalable and cost effective software systems that meet business requirements
- Develop high quality software using industry standard best practices including unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Software development experience preferably with a JVM based language (Java, Scala, Clojure)
- Experience with distributed data handling and storage technologies like Amazon Kinesis, Redshift, DynamoDB, and Redis
- Exposure to infrastructure management technologies like Puppet or Chef utilized in a cloud-based environment like AWS
- Experience working with Git, Subversion or other SCM tools
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with Big data Tools like Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark
- Strong understanding of query languages and tradeoffs between relational and non-relational systems
- Working knowledge of key data structures and algorithms (indexing, hash tables, joins, aggregation)
- Solid understanding of software development best practices and methodologies
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Can lead by example & motivate fellow developers to meet challenging goals
- Minor in statistics or related field
- Data Science experience
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as Amazon Machine Learning
- Knowledge and applicable experience with agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Experience with Scala
- Experience with Microservice architectures
- Experience with functional programming
- Good time management skills and structured work methodology
- Experience with NoSQL datastores, especially DynamoDB and Redis
- RDBMS and JDBC experience, especially MySQL or Amazon Aurora
- Experience with build tools, especially sbt
Technical Account Manager
The Technical Account Manager will be self-motivated with a proven track record in technical support roles with mobile or software companies. He/she possesses strong customer handling skills and is able to communicate professionally in oral and written responses with Sift’s partners. The Technical Account Manager must be organized and analytical, able to track issues to resolution and have excellent follow through. He/she must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
The Technical Account Manager will have responsibility for all partner support at Sift, working closely with Sift’s Engineering and Business Development Teams to successfully on-board new partners. He/she will have both internal and external customers, working closely with project management, account management, product and engineering to support deployments across partners.
The Technical Account Manager will be the key technical interface between the customer and Sift’s Engineering team, serving as the main technical support contact for all new and existing customers during the initial deployment and providing in-life support after launch.
This role will also carry responsibility for refining the technical support processes, as well as reporting on the key performance metrics related to technical customer support.
- Provide Technical Account Management for Sift’s new and existing customers and oversee customer technical issue resolution to maximize revenue
- Support Sales & Business Development by providing technical support for new customers from contract to in-life management
- Refine and manage customer technical support processes and documentation
- Manage the on-boarding process for multiple, concurrent customers
- Convey the technical integration status of new and existing customers
- Work with cross functional teams to resolve customer issues related to technical support and help troubleshoot technical issues
- Provide direction into Product for future features and functionality that will reduce technical support requirement for customers
- Act as primary technical liaison between prospect/customer and internal Sift teams
- Monitor on-boarding and in-life support processes and report status to stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Consult with business owners on a regular basis to ensure technical support needs are addressed
- 2+ years relevant experience in Mobile or Software technical customer support
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work in Technical Customer Support and/or Technical Account Management
- Strong understanding of SQL select statements
- Well organized with a sense of urgency with excellent follow-up, writing, and presentation skills
- Experience in managing technical support for a large customer base
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, senior management, peers, and project staff
- Experience with ad network technical support
- Advertising, Professional Services/SI, or Mobile SI Firm experience
- Familiarity with Android or iOS SDKs